Saturday, October 6, 2007

The Harvest Festival

While windy in the Denver area today, it was still warm so we still decided to head to the Harvest Festival at Four Mile Historic Park. Grammy, Nic and Sydney came with us and we had a great time. Hay rides, mining for gold and the pumpkin patch were just a few of the highlights but I'd have to say the most fun we had was watching Nic in the pie eating contest. With a little push, we convinced him to go for it. Two minutes without arms or hands eating as much pie as possible. I believe the contestants had a choice of flavors and Nic chose apple. We got quite a bit on video and I will post that with this blog entry. I was cracking up. Poor Nic looked like he was going to throw up. From ear to ear on Nic's face was apple pie. He wound up getting second in the youth division. Needless to say he didn't want lunch. He said he needed to burn all the calories he could after eating that much pie. Oh my gosh, I haven't laughed that hard in quite a while.

No comments: