Saturday, October 13, 2007

Busy Saturday



Another busy Saturday for the Davison's. We started by taking Kailei to Chinese. For some reason I just realized that I have not been practicing the language like I should with her. We are supposed to review all that she learns throughout the week and somehow I just plain forgot that was an expectation. Bad mom. I'll try and be better. I promise (now, if I could just find the cd and lessons....).

We headed north for a haircut after Chinese class. It takes the majority of the day to get a haircut for the girls in this house since we travel 1 1/2 hours by car to Greeley to get it done. I know you think I'm crazy but it is worth the drive to Greeley to have my friend Shari cut my hair. Having curly hair is a curse and one has to do what one has to do to look half way decent. In my case it means driving to Greeley. Shari has been cutting my hair since college. She has been there through college graduation, marriages, births and I love her friendship. No one can say I'm not devoted. It has actually become a great girls day as Grammy joined us a few years ago and makes the trek with us. Keara got a special hairdo as she had a glamour birthday party to attend.

So then we drove home, had Keara change clothes and headed west to the birthday party. Since Keara was tied up and we didn't want to drive all the way back home only to have to turn around again, we took the opportunity and went to church. We then took Kailei to Gunther Toody's for dinner which is a 50's diner. Kailei continues to surprise us with what she will eat and so she had some catfish fingers for dinner. She loved the tarter sause and was licking the bowl when we left.

After we picked Keara up I got a bee in my bonnet and decided to pierce Kailei's ears. Keara got hers done when she was four but for some reason today I had the urge to get Kailei's done. We were near a store, Zeb was with me, there was not a line and we had time to kill so the cards seemed align to get it done. Kailei was a trooper. Obviously she cried but it was short lived and the pain seemed to lesson with purchase of a princess notebook and calculator.


Both girls crashed on the way home from their busy day. Shortly after putting them to bed, their parents crashed too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Goodness Gracious-you all did have a busy day. Keara looks beautiful; a perfect princess! And, I can't wait to see Kailei's pierced ears.

Anonymous said...

WOW! You are definately the cool mom. Pierced ears for both Kailei and Keara! When Lily wants to come live with you, don't be surprised!
beth