Wednesday, October 10, 2007

The Dentist

Well Keara and I had a dentist apointment this week. Keara absolutely loves to go to the dentist. Perhaps it is the tradition of visiting the donut shop right next door after our visits (yes, I'm ashamed to admit it) or maybe it is the trinkets she gets afterwards from the dentist, but what ever it is, she loves to go.

She has a tiny cavity but they really want to bring her back to seal her molars and pull some teeth. She currently has four loose teeth rattling around but an adult tooth is coming in behind a baby tooth and the dentist doesn't think there is enough room for it so she would like to pull the loose tooth and the one next to it. I once told her about getting a shot in my mouth to make things numb and she had quite the meltdown just thinking about getting one in her own mouth one day. I fear Keara might not like the dentist after she has some teeth pulled but guess we will wait and see.

Unlike Keara I hate the dentist and struggle with keeping a positive attitude in front of the girls. I had my teeth cleaned and it turns out I have to get another crown. Ugh! I swear they always plan to do it around the holidays when money is tight.

Guess I'll have more to write about the dentist sooner than I thought.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Donuts after the dentist visit? Now, that's a fun doctors appt. Remember to treat yourself after you get your new crown.