Monday, October 29, 2007

Day Four in Hawaii

Fairly low key day. After our morning walk we went to the beach and read our books until lunch. It sprinkled on us a little but it passes so quickly that we didn't mind. We did get to see a monk seal that was resting on the beach so that was exciting.

After lunch we took a helicopter ride...yes, you read right...we took a 50 minute helicopter ride around the island. So much of Kauai is inaccessible by car so this was one way we could tour this amazing island. It was fantastic. I thought I might get sick but I took two dramamine and was fine. A couple of other people said they felt a little blah at times but I was fine so I was grateful the meds worked. They did however make me very drowsy and I've been trying to get my head together ever since. The dramamine made me so tired I thought about taking it tonight when I go to bed. :)

Anyway, we went to Tidepools Restaurant for dinner over at the Grand Hyatt which is just an amazing place. Great food and atmosphere. I'm still sleepy so will sign off and head for bed.

*********
Dear Keara and Kailei,

Mommy is coming home soon. I'm bringing you both home a hula skirt and will show you how to hula dance when I get home. You would have loved the beach I was at today. I miss you. Be good for Bailey the next few days.

Big hugs and kisses to you both.

Love, Mommy

No comments: