Monday, March 29, 2010

Xi'an Day 1

Arrived safely in Xi'an. This is a beautiful city. It has a great atmosphere perhaps due to the fog and mist. I wish we were going to stay here longer but perhaps another time. Tony is our local guide and I think he is a history geek. We got quite a long talk on the bus ride into town but it was informative and interesting. We were scheduled to go a museum but they are all closed on Monday's so we had to do some quick re-arranging. Instead we went to a small art museum and then we got to try our hands at calligraphy (I'm not so good). We then headed to the Wild Goose Pagada which was quite beautiful. I really enjoyed being there but I also enjoy gardens in general. We then headed off for an early dinner at a tofu restaurant. I was a little nervous but so far this has been my favorite. I ate mostly vegetables but they were all yummy.

After dinner we headed to our hotel (which is gorgeous by the way). Some people went out for a massage and I'm now regretting that I didn't but too late now. Instead walked to grocery store and got a drink and some cake to try. Cake was not a chocolately as I hoped but I had a snickers too and satisfied my craving. Got the kids together around 9 pm and played some games which was fun but they soon pooped out.

1 comment:

Sheryl said...

Yeah! So happy to see you've got internet again. Sounds like such a fascinating trip. Love seeing the pics both here and on the travel blog. Hmmm . . . getting hungry for some Chinese food!