Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Xi'an Day 2: World Wonder

The terracotta soldiers were scheduled for today. Heading out to the museum was an hour drive and Tony spent the majority of it talking about China's One Child Policy. There is so much information out there from so many different people that it is hard to know what one should believe. I that is true about a lot things but a realization nonetheless.

The soldiers were very impressive. Hard to imagine that a couple of farmers found such an amazing wonder while digging a well. One of the farmers is still alive and I got to see him but he preferred not to have pictures taken.

The soldiers really speak for themselves. I can't do them justice in writing.

We are on our way to lunch right now (dumplings) and then heading to the museum.

(A few hours later)

The dumpling lunch was great. An experience at least for me. While I didn't like everything I did try it all.

After lunch we headed out to the museum which was small but interesting. We then went back to the hotel for short break before heading off to dinner which was called hot pot. It's very similar to shabu shabu. It tasted like chicken soup to me so I liked it a lot. After dinner I had the driver drop a group of us off near the south gate of town and we walked the street back to the hotel. It was a beautiful walk on a gorgeous evening. Enjoyed some baskin robbins as well. The kids were funny I think enjoyed the walk as well. We lost one of our chaperones but he found his way home away.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fascinating to read, Christine! Thanks for posting. I cannot wait until you return to hear more AND to talk about what you learned from your history geek tour guide! Thinking of you here in Denver. Hugs, Beth