Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Our First Family Camping Trip




Never underestimate the power of persuasive mom's. Earlier this year a camping trip was proposed by one of the mwcc mom's and next thing you know I'm packing a tent. Now I haven't been camping in about 13 years but peer pressure permeated the air and alas I caved. The girls were thrilled needless to say.


We camped at Golden Gate State Park which was just beautiful. I feel like I had to pack the kitchen sink to prepare for the trip and despite the many forgotten articles, we managed to survive. And fortunately there were some camping pro's on the trip which saved this novice family.


We arrived late afternoon Friday night and promptly kicked things off with 'smores (my kind of camping). The kids slept well but Zeb and I had a rough night.


Sunday we packed up and headed over to a scenic overlook nearby. The weather was beautiful as we were leaving which just figures.


Overall it was a great time. Nobody laughed to hard at us and most importantly the girls had a blast.


Thank you to....
  • Sheryl for getting the ball rolling
  • Britt for finding the camp site
  • Beth and Lynn for organizing the food and packing lists
  • Gary for loaning us his tent and additional camp gear
  • Jeanne for sharing hot water so we could have hot chocolate
  • Lily and Sam for sharing their bikes
  • Zeb for making this as painless as possible for me
  • Keara and Kailei for their laughter and smiles
  • Everyone for reminding me how much fun camping can be

No comments: