Saturday, July 26, 2008

A Perfect Day


Since the girls are gone, Zeb and I took advantage of some time before I start back to work and headed for Estes Park.
It was one of the best days I've had in a long time. It was great to have some uninterrupted time with my husband and get to do some kid-free activities. Don't get me wrong, I miss the girls but absence does make the heart grow fonder.

While Zeb took most of the day off, he still had one conference call to be on so I dropped him off at McDonald's (where there is wireless access) and I headed out to the fairgrounds. They were having a hunter/jumper show there and I knew I could easily pass some time watching the riders while I waited for Zeb.

Oh gosh, did it bring back memories! The smell, the horses, the arena, the rain in the middle of the show...I loved being back here. Showing in the horse show in Estes Park each year was a highlight of my summer. I loved every minute of it. I remember winning some and losing some. I remember Tiger breaking free and running around the place as we chased him. I remember trying so hard to be one of the cool riders. And I remember trying to sell turd birds to raise funds for our horse club (not so cool by the way). Most of all I remember my horse, Tiger, who shared my childhood with me and who I still miss each day.

After Zeb was done with his call, we walked up and down the streets of Estes Park window shopping. We took some time to sit and rest and I pulled out a book and read while the sights and sound of the river provided my backdrop.

We ate a little Italian place out on the patio and listened to some great live music. I can't even tell you the last time I listened to live music but we stayed as long as he played.

We then did a little more walking and found another band playing outside. It was a christian music band and we stopped and listened to them as well. They were a good reminder for me that all the happiness I have was given to me by God and I'm blessed.

Since we left the dogs home alone, we made our way back to Parker in time to hit the hay.

It really was a perfect day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds so lovely, Christine. I can picture it all.

Sheryl