Sunday, July 20, 2008

Our Last Day


Sunday we woke and went to the park….again. We managed to get our photos in and the mom’s plotted a weekend getaway for the dads and their daughters. The girls played great together this morning so we wrapped it up by going to out to lunch and then headed down the mountain (with sleepy children in tow).

As I drove down the mountain today, I started to get teary eyed. Yes, I’m a sap but I never thought I would ever have such a great groups of moms to hang out with. I never thought being a part of the mwcc group would mean so much to my children and me. I never thought I would have the opportunity to experience the highs and lows of parenthood with other moms and learn so much from all of them. I never thought I would love these women and their children so much. It is hard to describe but I’m grateful.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny, I just finished my blog and read yours and realized we shared many of the same sappy emotions about the trip! It really was a good time, wasn't it? And, funny how only the happy moments (of which there were many) remain in our memory.

Still looking forward to the "melt-down" section of your year-end video though :).

Thanks, as always, for all your help this weekend!

Sheryl

Elizabeth said...

Well, I just got teary eyed reading your blog, so count me in as a sap! Thanks for chronicling our weekend get-away with our Precious Princesses and their A-Number One Moms!
Beth