Thursday, July 10, 2008

Mom Came to Visit


Did you ever have someone growing up that you considered a "second mom"? I was lucky enough to have that special someone in my life. We met while doing the musical "Anything Goes" put on by the town of Parker. We hit it off and it was great to have someone to turn to when my parents just weren't cutting it, to have someone to talk to about anything and everything, to have someone who thought I was just great and supported me as much as my parents did. I had that special someone in Mary (and still do). I hope my girls find that someone as they grow older and perhaps one day some teenage girl will see me as someone to turn to and I can pay it forward.

Anyway, Mary was in town this past week and we squeezed in some time to do breakfast and I showed her around the new house. It has been a while since we have seen each other but she is never far from my thoughts and prayers. So glad we could visit. Love ya Mary!

No comments: