Sunday, September 23, 2007

A Trip to the E.R.


So, after taking Kailei to the Urgent Care facility last night around 9pm they sent Zeb on to the emergency room. I was home with Keara since she was sleeping unsure if I should call Grammy to come sit with her or just stay put. I stayed put and near the phone while Zeb regularly called in.

All the doctors confirmed that her she was working way too hard to breathe which is actually why her stomach was hurting her so much. Her heartbeat was indeed racing faster than it should and she did have a temperature.

She was officially diagnosed with "viral pneumonitis with wheezing". They took a chest x-ray which came up clear thank goodness. She is now on a breathing treatment and we have to take her to her regular doctor tomorrow to see how she is progressing so I'll be taking off work tomorrow.

Zeb ended up getting home around 11:30pm after all was said and done. Kailei was tired and fell asleep on the ride home from the hospital (about 5 minutes). Thankfully she slept until about 4 this morning. We are supposed to give her the breathing treatment every 4-6 hours. She is much better spirits today and not complaining about her stomach until it is close to time for another treatment.

Gosh, this little girl challenges my lack of nursing skills. I was raised to tough things out and my bedside manner is not the best having learned from my Dad who basically just said "deal with it". I think God gave me Kailei on purpose to change some of that behavior.

Kailei sounds pretty bad but seems to be hanging in there. Keara is taking over my nursing duties and is quite honestly a natural. Will update more later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Christine
Oh my goodness-I'm so sorry Kailei is so sick. Hopefully she'll start feeling better soon. What a trooper, holding her breathing treatment mask on! Hang in there mom & dad and please let us know if we can help.

Love,
The Wyman's