Friday, September 7, 2007

My Wild Irish Rose


So today Keara had her first Irish dance class. We've let go of tap and ballet to pursue this option. She has thought about it for a few years but when it has come right down to it she always backs out in the past. This year was different apparently. I'm excited to bring a little more Irish culture into the family since there is often an eb and flow of Chinese culture around the house.


Keara absolutely loved it. There are only three girls in the class so lots of attention for each of the girls. Keara seems to enjoy smaller groups - either that or she coming out of her shell and I just haven't seen it yet but regardless she enjoyed danciing with Miss Natalie and her new friend Sara.


No fancy leotards right now, just shorts and pair of jazz shoes. Not sure where we will go with this but we are off to a good start.


I titled the email "my wild Irish rose" as this was the name my Aunt Maimi use to call me when I was little. It made me feel so very special and I just know she would love for me to pass it on to my own daughter.

No comments: