Sunday, September 16, 2007

Our Weekend





Well, Friday night is fast becoming dance and pizza night. Keara had her second Irish dance class and again loved it. I'm so glad she does. One of us picks up Kailei and we meet at Big Bill's NY Pizza after Keara's class. He has the BEST pizza around and we are enjoying eating there on Friday nights. We have a similar restaurant close to our home but somehow it isn't the same. Plus Big Bill is really from NY and his restaurant has lots of NY memorabilia. Personally, I love that he ships in Drake Cakes and more recently I saw some Wise Owl potato chips (it's all about the food for me). I left Zeb and girls to visit my friend Judith who recently had surgery. She has been housebound for the last few weeks so I think she enjoyed the company.

Saturday Kailei had Chinese class again. Zeb says she did OK. She was supposed to get her picture taken for the JCCC yearbook so I dressed her up. Unfortunately she clammed up (or turtled up as Zeb says - in a ball with her head down) so we chose not to buy any pictures. However, she looked so darn cute I had to snap a few photos myself.

Keara and I stayed home as we had to pack for her sleepover. She went over to her friend Caroline's house. They had a great time apparently. We enjoyed having a little alone time with Kailei. Zeb took her to the park as I had to attend a friends funeral but when I got home Kailei and I popped some popcorn and watched Mary Poppins. Kailei can be a real joy and I treasure the time we have just the two of us.

Today we took a bike ride before Keara came home since she has not mastered a two-wheeler yet. Since Kailei generally wakes up at the crack of dawn, she fell asleep at some point. I definitely enjoyed the fresh air. I haven't been home much on the weekend so I really enjoyed today. I think the girls activities are going to tire us out this year. It sure feels like we are hardly ever home. I was able to read a little, the girls and I baked a cake, and then we had Grammy and Poppy over for dinner since we really have not seen them in a while. It was a great day.

I've attached a variety of pictures from the weekend simply because I thought they were cute.

No comments: