Sunday, September 9, 2007

MWCC Baby Shower



Together with my friend Sheryl, we hosted a baby shower for one of the Mom's from the MWCC group. She recently returned from China with her new daughter, Lucy. We had planned on having the shower before she left but her trip came sooner than expected so we had to postpone it.

It is always so much fun to get together with my mom's group. They are such a wonderful group of people. Funny how life and circumstances can join people together.

Anyway, many of the mom's are paper pregnant again so we will have lots more to celebrate in the future but for now it is all about Lucy and the Wymans. We all remember our journey like it was yesterday and love hearing each and every detail about Britt's recent experience.

It is also great to have more families with two children now in the group. For a while I was the only one with two kids and I think they thought I was crazy when I would talk about how different life can be with two - wonderful but different. My friend Lynn was the second in line has a family similar to ours having one adopted child and one biological. Britt is the third to cross over and there are many to follow. Pretty soon there won't be a room big enough for all of us but big families just mean there is more joy to be had and experienced and I couldn't imagine it any other way.

No comments: