Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Day 5

We walked and froze our booties off. That said I'm thinking I still prefer traveling in the cold versus the heat of China.

Today we started with a tour of the Prague Castle. We took approximately three hours to travel through the houses, churches, the Golden row, the prison torture chamber and over to the Charles bridge. There was also a special event occurring today so they were preparing for a presidential event.

We had a great Italian lunch in the market square and I felt very European.

This afternoon we went to Theresienstadt which was a holding camp for political prisoners and transfer station for the Jews. What a humbling and moving experience. I find it hard to put into words.

Had a little time for shopping before a dinner of beef and dumplings.

We are back at the hotel (not as nice as our last one) and enjoying a little down time.

Hard to believe we have only one more day before heading home. I always think I will never do these trips again and then I hear how much the kids love it. Guess we will see what the future brings.

Notables: spirely, homeless begging position, notes from the kids, crystal, oldest working moveable clock, time with Kim, crowns,







No comments: