Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Day 3

More walking. My knees and back ache. I'm getting to old for this. I need a jacuzzi I think. That way I could get warm and deal with the aches and pains. I sound like I'm whining but really it is doable.

Today we began our day at The Story of Berlin which is a museum. It was a fantastic museum detailing Berlin's history and it began in a nuclear bomb shelter. It was fascinating to say the least.

We then headed to Potsdam. It was so nice to get out of the city and Potsdam was just beautiful. We visited the summer palace of Frederick the Great. We saw where treaties were signed. It was quite the place. It reminded me of Williamsburg.

We also got a walking tour around Potsdam. Can't say that I remember much of the history because I was really feeling tired but I sue enjoyed the atmosphere.

After Potsdam we headed back into Berlin for dinner which was less than great but the desert was yummy.

We ended the evening with a tour of an air raid bunker. It was fascinating, and scary and claustrophobic, and...... It was very well done and captivated us all.

The three chaperones capped off our evening at Andy's Restaurant with some mozzarella sticks and chocolate brownies. Good conversation which has kept me out way too late and unable to post this until morning.


Notables: snl Barbara Walters interview, oj, Berlin boys, graffiti, no happy meals, Berlin bombs,

No comments: