Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Day 4

Stayed up way to late last night so getting up was painful. We headed to Dresdan today which was quite beautiful. The city was basically destroyed in '45 and it has been trying to rebuild it ever since. Lots of barque architecture which is ornate and gaudy at the same time. Many of the buildings are black which I thought was pollution but apparently they are made out of sandstone that has minerals in it and the minerals have oxidized. We had a nice lunch there and had a little time to shop. I managed to find one if the few Catholic stores even around Germany on my quest to get Mark a German rosemary. Mission accomplished and I can move on.

After Dresdan we headed to Prague. It is quite the city and has a totally different vibe. We had about an hour to look around before dinner. The town square was quite lively and I was amazed at how many people were there.

Tonight's dinner was my favorite one. The atmosphere was great and the chicken and desert were delicious.

We are at our next hotel which is not near as nice as the one in Berlin in my opinion. Guess it is a roof over our head.

Two more days and we head for home.

Notables: Trdlo, men, liberal, parks, 2600 porcelain tiles, segways, painted eggs






No comments: