Saturday, July 7, 2012

July 6th?

It was an early start but sooooo worth it. We went to the wall that surrounds Xian and got to bike around it. The wall is over 600 years and it was just awesome to be up there so early and toodle around. I loved looking over the wall to see the many events taking place around the city...morning exercises, farmers markets etc.. Keara rode a tandem bike with Zeb as she still isn't feeling well. Kailei rode a bike that was too big for her an took a couple of dives which added a little drama. That said, this was by far my favorite thing to do but I love Xian in general.

After the ride we headed to a terra cotta pottery center where we learned the process of making some of the more genuine replicas. The girls got to actually make some (not to keep but ready to fire. It was an interesting process. And for that hard to shop for person, know that you can have a terra cotta soldier made with your loved ones face.

Our time in Xian came to an end as we headed for the airport. I'm still feeding Keara tylenol and I'll let you know that I've pretty much lived on what I eat for breakfast and ice cream. What I would give for a McDonald's right now!

We are headed to Chendu. Will write later.

No comments: