Saturday, July 7, 2012

July 5th cont.

So we arrived late but our guide Richard decided that we could still go see the terra cotta warriors. In the mean time, Keara is up an down with a fever but doesnt want to miss anything.

After about an hours drive we arrived and it was hot. For some reason I was thinking there would be AC where the warriors are but I was wrong. Despite the heat, this museum never fails to impress.. They continue to discover more and more. We visited a few of the pits. It was hard to tear Zeb away. I knew this would be a favorite for him.
The location and museum are just beautiful, not to mention how fascinating the warriors are.

The last time I was here I mentioned the farmer that made the initial discovery spends some time here signing autographs. The girls wanted a coffee table book so we bought one and had him sign it. I'm not sure how much longer he is for this earth but we now have his signature. :)

Bought the girls ice cream which was my mistake and set events spinning. Kailei dropped her ice cream and boy did she lose it. Her "only fun was getting that ice cream and I just ruined it for her." I was the "worst mom ever". Nothing I tried calmed her down so I sent in reinforcements as she was sitting in a corner and the group was moving on. He managed to get her on track via the method of distraction instead of rationalization (obviously my mistake). It took him a while to find the group but he caught up and all was well. We then sat down while Zeb went to look at the chariot room. I've already seen it so I really just wanted to enjoy the environment.

At this point we were pretty pooped but the schedule continues on.

We were supposed to have a dumpling dinner and show but because we were late there was no time and we headed was 8pm at this point. The show was colorful and thankfully short (1 hr). Keara couldn't stay up any more and curled up on the floor. I would have taken her to our room but we didn't have those assignments yet. Kailei just loved it. Not sure where she got the energy to be up but she did.

So after the show we were finally going to get to eat. I decided instead to take Keara to our room so I hunted down our guide and got the key. Problem was we had no luggage as the hotel lobby was packed with luggage as we came in and there was no room for ours. We were on the 14th floor so I headed back down and was on a mission to find it. In the parking lot they had unloaded some busses so I found my luggage and had a bellboy bring it up. In thte meantime Kailei and Zeb were eating dumplings and I was going back and forth reporting on the happenings as they were going to be in a separate room.

When things were finally settled, I opened the door and Keara had crashed. I was right behind her and we didn't wake up until 5:00am this morning.

No comments: