Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Keara starts 1st grade!


The summer flew by and now we are back on our normal routine. I can hardly believe Keara is in first grade now. At first Keara thought she would be fine the first day of school without having me stay with her but she quickly changed her mind that morning. We went to her school a little early so I could take pictures and document the moment (yes, I'm a goober). We took her school supplies into her room and got them where they needed to be. We brought a plant for her new teacher and then we headed to before school care. There was hardly anyone there so I stayed with her. Generally she has breakfast in before care but she wasn't very hungry that morning. We quickly ran out of time and I took her to line up with here class. I was doing OK until that point and then got a little teary eyed as I was again seeing my big girl off to school. It is a scary thing for a parent. So many things are out of your control and you just want your to protect your child as best you can. Her teacher seems very nice. She is new to the profession so it will be a challenging year for her as well. The good news is that after Keara's first day I asked her if she had a good day. "No, I had a GREAT day.", she said. Let's hope it stays that way.


No comments: