Thursday, June 6, 2013

Dear Parents (a letter from Kailei's teacher that I just loved)

I give you back your child, the same child you confidently entrusted to my care last fall.  I givve them back pounds heavier, inches taller, months wiser, more responsible and more mature then they were then.  Althought they wuold have attained their growth in spite of me, it has been my pleasure and privaledge to watch their personality unfold day by day and marvel at this splendid miracle of development.

I give them back reluctantly, for having spent the year together in the narrow confines of a crowded classroom, we have grown close, have become a part of each othe rand we shall always retain a little of each other.

Ten years from now if we met on the street, your child and I, a light will shine to our eyes, a smile to our lips and we shall feel the bond of understanding once more, this bond we feel today.

We have lived, loved, laughed, played, studied, learned, and enriched our lives together this year.  I wish it could go on indefinitely, but give them back I must.  Take care of them, for they are precious. Remember that I shall always be interested in your child and their destiney, whereever they go, whatever they do, whoever they become.  Their joys and sorrows I'll be happy to share.

I shall always be their teacher.

No comments: