Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Captain's Log Day 5

Spent today in Skagway. We didn't sign up for an excursion so just took our time today doing whatever we felt like. Once again we are blessed with yet another glorious day. If I didn't know better, I'd think Alaska is a pretty great state to live weather wise. Piddled around town going in and out of shops. The town is pretty small but that is all relative when you are Zeb and grew up in Walsh. We had some ice cream and skipped lunch. We could have walked back to the boat or ate in town but I didn't really feel like doing either.

Decided to take a hike which may not have been the best decision considering the shoes I was wearing but again, I didn't want to go back to the boat. So Zeb coined them my hiking clogs and off we went. I got pretty hot, pretty fast. We were attempting to hike to the lake but only one of us made it.

Had a fairly early dinner since we skipped lunch. Got dressed up again and Zeb looked as handsome as ever. After dinner we headed to the Stardust Theatre to see a comic/magician. He was pretty darn good and we enjoyed it a lot.

Topped off the night at the chocoholic party. Guess all the women must have been pms-ing because the place was a madhouse. We had a few items and admired the food art. Despite all the many varieties of chocolate I still liked the chocolate covered strawberries the best.

Tomorrow we are at sea all day. Feeling like my trip will soon come to an end (because it will) but really enjoying time with Zeb and time without any particular obligations.



No comments: