Monday, March 4, 2013

You Are Never to Old...

...to fall that is. I was over at Kailei's Chinese school and decided to take a walk. The open space where I usually go was muddy and snowy so I decided to take the sidewalks which looked pretty clear. About 10 minutes into my walk I fell on ice. I fell forward and when I got up I immediately knew something was wrong with my arm. I wasn't quite sure what to do and while I had my phone with me, I was listening to music and didn't actually put two and two together. A really nice man stopped and asked me if I needed help, if he could make a phone call for me or if he could take me somewhere. I decided to take it up on his offer and at least bring me back the Chinese school.

My girlfriend who is normally there wasn't there that weekend. I called mom and asked her to pick up Kaylei not even thinking that I can actually pull her out of class and take her with me. Zeb was unavailable since he was playing basketball. I then called my good friend Judith who lives just around the corner and was nice enough to say she would take me to the emergency room. The nice man waited until she arrived and then we bid our goodbyes without even me getting his name.

After pain meds and xrays, it turns out I dislocated my elbow which I might admit is very painful. They put me under to put it back into place and then sent me on my way in a sling. Good thing it is my left arm and not my right but things are still a pain in the butt to try and accomplish. Guess this is God's way of telling me to slow down a little bit.

No comments: