Sunday, March 31, 2013

Day 2

We walked, and walked and walked. That's all I remember.

Well, sort of. This morning was a bus tour of Berlin. It is a huge city. we had a great guide who was both informative and funny. Highlights included a holocaust memorial, Olympicpark, the Berlin Wall and more.

I love all the graffiti on the wall and wish I could have taken pictures of every section.

It has been very cold. They say it has been the coldest in what has been forever. It snowed off and on and was pretty with all the big flakes.

We took a river cruise and I wish I could relay what we saw but I couldn't hear a thing. The hot chocolate however was very tasty and it was warm.

Had lunch at a great Italian restaurant. it was the best minestrone soup ever. And we were inside and warm.

Went to the Checkpoint Charlie Museum in the afternoon. We attempted another museum but it was too crowded so just walked around. We walked a ton. That's all I can say.

Had dinner at a Russian restaurant. It was very quaint. I'm still very cold so hoping a hot shower will thaw me out.

Other highlights.... Buddy Bear, marsh land, green go guy, happy hotdog, .50 cents bathroom stops









No comments: