Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day

I think my favorite thing about Mother's Day is that the girls are just as excited for it as they are for Christmas.  Kailei was awake at 4pm and told me that I needed to sleep in this morning...a long time.  Around 7am (not the long time I was hoping for) I was greeted by Keara who made a clay pot for me and a sweet card.  Kailei came in next with a homemade vase of flowers, a picture and a card.  And then Zeb came in with the breakfast tray that the girls fix for me every Mother's Day.  And while the eggs get cold, and Kailei eats the sausage before I get a bite, it is so much fun to have them so excited and feel so loved on this day.

Keara's card included a poem from a previous year and then her new one...

There once was a dog,
Whose friend was a hog
Who love to play
Together all day
In the misty fog

Kailei's card:

Dear Mom,
Happy Mothers Day.  I love you so much.  I hope you like Mothers day.  I love you.  I hope you like my card.  Do you?
Love, Kailei

No comments: