Sunday, December 18, 2011

Our Big Date!

I have no pictures of this occasion but wanted to make sure it is documented so I can blackmail my husband when needed.  We had a big date scheduled for today.  Kids are staying the night at Grammy's house so we have the whole afternoon and evening to ourselves.  We got all dolled up as we were to attend the theatre and then do dinner after.  Things were great as we headed downtown to see West Side Story.  I was thrilled to have some alone time with my hubby but as we sat in line to park the car Zeb's phone rang.  It was his work calling and they needed him to take care of some items.  Knowing he would not be able to focus on the show and that duty called, it was decided he would go home.  So Zeb dropped me off at the curb and I saw West Side Story by myself.  It was probably the best show I have seen in years and he missed it, and I was alone, and I looked fancy and it was a bummer.

Zeb did redeem himself a little by taking care of business in time to meet our dinner reservation at The Broker.  We used to go to this restaurant a great deal but have chosen other places the last few years.  It has wonderful atmosphere and I did enjoy having dinner with my handsome husband.

That said, he won't get the chance to live down ditching me.  :)

No comments: