Thursday, December 15, 2011

Kailei's First Confession

So today Kailei made her first confession today.  We are so proud of her but the journey wasn't easy.  Poor thing has been terrified every since she learned what she had to do.  I think she just doesn't want to admit any wrongdoing on her part.  She was great about memorizing her prayers and she dutifully did her workbook so I thought it would go OK but not so.

Prior to her class meeting today she spent 40 minutes in Daddy's arms crying.  She rallied for a little while in class and we had a pizza party with her classmates prior to the advent service.

It was a short service and all was going well.  We rapidly got in line in order to avoid the long waits and then the tears came again.  The line was long so I popped in first.  When I came out I attempted to send Kailei in.  She was not having it.  She was scared and crying and just beside herself.  Meanwhile everyone is watching us and trying to talk her in there.  I did tell her that she did not have to do it now and so did the priest.  We wanted her to be ready but that didn't seem to cut it either.  I let someone else go and told her we were going to go ahead and leave and we would come back another time.  When that person came out, she decided to go inside.  I was shocked but I think she just wanted to get it done too.

She came out and did her penance but was still unsure about the whole thing.  She commented that, "If you didn't make me do it Mom, I would have never done it."  She has also told us that she is OK with doing it once a year but no more than that.

Well, it is done and she is very relieved to know her first communion only involves saying "Amen."



No comments: