Friday, April 23, 2010

Take Your Child to Work Day

Thursday was "Take Your Child to Work Day". Keara has been asking me for years to go but I've always had a meeting or something scheduled that just wouldn't work. This year was relatively free so I took advantage of it and brought her with me.

I work with a great staff and they kept her buys most of the day. She typed things up, made files, alphabetized and did other random things. She also spent time with Bailey (our babysitter) who took her around the school a little.

She experienced a tornado drill and thinks I don't do much since I'm always in my office on the computer but she had a great time. I'm glad she came. I also took the time to inform her about things like getting to work on time, hourly versus salaries, punching a time clock and the like (that would be the teacher mom in me).

She really didn't have interest in going to Daddy's work (since he works from home).  She thought he might put her to work dusting.  :)

No comments: