Saturday, April 3, 2010

Hong Kong Day 2

Today was a busy day. We started out with a drive to Victoria's Peak. Unfortunately the fog was pretty thick up to so it was hard to see anything. We were able to see more once we drove below some of the clouds. The view is amazing fog or not.

The Stanley market was next on our agenda and I think I did some damage there. I really like the shops but I also like the fact it is near a beach.

Aberdeen fishing boats were visited next. Fishing is a dying art around here so they unsure how many will be left in the future. I found it interesting that the sampans were basically run by women. Unsure why but interesting anyway.

Had a great dim sum lunch but I mostly ate the chow mein. I must say the noodles were tasty and I scrounged some from the other tables to fill my plate.

Lunch was fairly late in the afternoon and afterwards we headed to the Ladies Market. It is easy to do some damage there as well. I can't believe the number of people. It was sooooo crowded.

Had some yummy garlic bread and spaghetti at The Spaghetti House before watching the laser show in the harbor.

Experienced a number of different transportation systems today: bus, subway, boat and cab. Not a fan of the boat as it made me a little sick which has solidified my decision to not do the sunset cruise tomorrow night. The subway was great. It was so clean. Many of my students have never experienced a subway ride before but I told them this didn't count. It was way to nice to count for a subway ride.

Some of us have the entire day free tomorrow since we didn't purchase any extra excursions. Unsure what the plan is but more shopping will take place as it will our very last day in China before heading home.

No comments: