Sunday, January 17, 2010

Paris - Day 3

Woke up to another continental breakfast and a full day of sightseeing ahead of us. We began with a guided trip to Versailles and the palace o f Louis XIV. What an amazing place! We visited the state apartments of the King and Queen. We walked through the Hall of Mirrors and visited the beautiful gardens (though I'm sure they are even more so when flowers are in bloom. The history is significant but of course one of the amazing facts I remember was that he once had over 6000 horse and I must say the equestrian center is to die for.

Taking a bus we visited some more sights such as the Arc de Triomphe, the Champs-Elysees and the Palace de Concorde. We visited numerous other sights with names too difficult for me to remember but all very impressive.

Dinner was at Flams. Flam is kinda like a pizza but with a white sauce. We were in a Jewish quarter because most shops aren't open on Sunday in Paris but they are in the Jewish quarter.

After dinner we headed out to the Eiffel Tower. It was spectacular. Lights glitter every hour and make it even more inspiring. I really couldn't believe I was standing there and felt very fortunate. Unfortunately as we were scheduled to go up, the elevator broke down. We didn't have time to walk up the stairs because we had a scheduled cruise down the Seine. Not sure this was my favorite but Paris at night is indeed beautiful. Fortunately after the cruise we were able to go back to the Eiffel tower and go up it. It was pretty late but it was sooooo worth it. What can I say? It was stunning!

After a very long day, we made our way back home. I hope to make it back one day to Paris. Everyone should visit if they get the chance. I'm lucky I had the opportunity and that my family supports my travels.

Au revoir Paris!

No comments: