Saturday, January 16, 2010

Paris - Day 2

After a much needed rest, I enjoyed a continental breakfast and spent the morning in meetings. I learned a great deal and hope I will be even more organized on my trip with the students. Our afternoon and evening was free but not knowing much about Paris I was at a standstill for places to go. I had wanted to go see the Moulin Rouge but it was quite expensive and decided I would just have to wait until one day when I come with Zeb. Instead I want the Musee' d'Orsay which proved to be even more enjoyable for me than the Louvre. Seeing the original paintings that I grew up with was sentimental and exciting. My Dad has always had good taste in art (Monet, Renoir, etc).


After the museum I did a little bit of shopping and then hooked up with a group of people. We really didn't have a plan so we walked a little, got a pastry (chocolate éclair for me) and walked some more. It has been raining all day and tonight it started to pour. We lost half the group at one point and ducked into a restaurant for dinner as we were all soaking wet. I tried a ceasar salad but forgot the anchovy piece would be big here. I ended up with fries again and a crème brule for desert. The rain settled a little and we walked some more.


While it is Saturday night it Paris and life was hopping I opted for a warm bath and a little rest for myself. Paris really is a beautiful city. I can see why people love it. I can't wait to come back one day and it will surely happen because I stepped on a star in front of Notre Dame whose legend states that if you step on it you are destined to return to Paris one day. Wish I was independently wealthy so I could travel all the time but alas I must take students on a trip in hopes of going with them.

No comments: