Saturday, February 2, 2008

Kailei Gets Stage Fright

Kailei has been attending JCCC since September. Recently the girls began working on a song to sing during the program. I was very excited to be going and of course thought for sure that Kailei would have no problem getting on the stage and singing. I even invited Grammy and Poppy thinking they would enjoy seeing her as well. Boy, was I in for a surprise.

So today was the JCCC Chinese New Year celebration. Kailei was singing and dancing all morning. I was sure she was going to be just fine but just in case I added a little extra incentive by telling her that we would celebrate her performance with a some ice cream after it was over.

Now granted, I should have known better as the show was occuring during nap time. Getting her down early was not going to happen. Waking her up is no piece of cake either so we just decided to keep her moving throughout the day.

She looked cute as a bug (as did every other little girl). The place was festive. The costumes for all the students were great. I so enjoyed being there. What a great way to kick off Chinese New Year!

She was doing great watching the program but when it came time for Kailei to get on stage I could just see something snap inside her little brain. Whether she was tired, scared, shy...I don't know but she just stood there. I prodded her on stage but there was to be no singing or dancing. Bummer.

Guess there is always next year.

No comments: