Wednesday, January 29, 2020

A Little Surgery

Been having some issues with itching since October and finally went to the doctor.  First doctor gave me a steroid shot, some lotion and a referral to a dermotologist because I had a larger spot they weren't sure about.

Went to the dermotologist who gave me different lotion and told me to come back in two weeks.  Went back and since the one spot had not improved they decided to biopsy it.  Turned out to be skin cancer so I was scheduled for it to be removed.

Spend six hours at the office today getting it taken care of.  There is not a lot of skin to work with on the shin so they had to loosen some up and pull it together like a shoelace.  It doesn't look so bad in this picture, but it isn't pretty. 

I have to go back for some "red light" treatments because I guess I have lots of per-cancerous cells surround it.  Sigh....

No comments: