Sunday, January 4, 2015

My Wishes for You

Being a teenager is not easy as anyone who has lived through it knows. As I watch my daughter begin to navigate this tumultuous path, I find myself wishing so many things for this young lady that I am blessed to parent.

*************
I wish you strength. So that you may hold true to yourself in challenging times.

I wish you tolerance. So that you may come to accept the many different people in this world.

I wish you forgiveness. Because there will be times that you feel betrayed or hurt.

I wish you love.  That you may experience love that is magical.

I wish you hope. So you realize that tomorrow is another day.

I wish you friendship. From someone that truly believes in you and accepts you for who you are. 

I wish you humor. Because being able to laugh lights up the world.

I wish you harmony. That you can find peace in the day-to-day struggles that are put before you. 

I wish you happiness. To enjoy doing whatever you do and live each moment as it if was your last. 

I wish perseverance. So that when times are difficult you continue to move forward and not give up. 

I wish you patience. Knowing that things won't always be easy.

I wish you faith. To carry you through the darkest times.

Lastly, I wish that you can see yourself through the eyes of those that love you most for you are a beautiful person both inside and out. 

No comments: