Saturday, February 8, 2014

Dancing Queen

Today was Kailei's first official dance performance. I think I was more nervous than she was because I really have no clue what's going on. Our day started at 8:30am.
We woke up and headed over to Highlands Ranch high school for our technical dress rehearsal. Keara joined me which is not only good company but she is the only one who can fix Kailei's hair the right way.

Today's performance was a benefit for the Children's Hospital. At some point we had to decorate some shoeboxes which I promptly forgot to turn in to them last week. I guess I missed that email. The boxes are given to the children into the hospital so they have a place for their belongings. The boxes were also used to decorate the stage so it was a reminder for me. I sent Zeb a text and as usual he came to the rescue and brought them to the school. 

After dress rehearsal we went out and grabbed a little lunch. I don't think the girls were as hungry as they were tired. So with some time to kill I drove around town so they could have a little nap.

Grandma, Grammy and Poppy joined us for the performance. It was really a lot of fun. I finally got to sit in the audience and just relax. Kailei did a great job. We were also proud of her.

Topped off our day by eating at the Olive Garden. And then we went home and crashed. It was a very long day.

No comments: