Sunday, December 23, 2012

The Santa Express

I've been waiting forever for this day.  Long ago I bought these tickets for The Santa Express which is a train ride through the Royal Gorge complete with elves, Santa, cookies, hot cocoa and lunch.  I was so excited and we didn't tell the girls anything.  They had to endure a two hour car ride down to Canyon City and it was not easy keeping things a secret.  Naturally the girls were thrilled when they found out what we were doing.  I was excited because I also booked upper deck where there was a view all around us.  We had lunch on the train and enjoyed a slow ride up the canyon.  It was beautiful but I think I would like the Santa Express even more at night.  Kids get to wear their pj's and the Christmas lights make for some great atmosphere as stories get read to us and dancing occurs in the isles.  The girls got to visit with Santa and it was all just plane fun. 



No comments: