Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Celebrating the Fourth

As is quickly becoming a tradition we started our July 4th celebration by participating in the neighborhood bike parade.  The kids enjoy decorating their bike and make a short loop around the park.  It was hot out but for some reason the heat just doesn't seem to stop these kids.  Our Stonegate pals the Wyman's and Lawrence's were also there and enjoyed the ice cream, face painting and jumpy castles after the parade. 

Not being on top of my game this year I didn't organize anything for the evening.  I thought about going out to Tracie's house but we kept playing phone tag and I just didn't want to show up without an invite.

That said, I also didn't want to be alone I called our friends the Trautman's and they happened to be free for an impromptu weenie roast.  Nothing fancy but we certainly enjoyed their company.




No comments: