Monday, July 19, 2010

Dad's Celebration

Dad turned 70 this year.  Can you believe it?  I can't.  We decided to kick it up a notch for his birthday this year and do something special so we decided to head to the mountains.  We would have preferred Yellowstone but you can't imagine how hard it is to find a place there.  The next best option was Colorado so we put some dates on everyone's calendar and headed to Grand Lake.

Everybody in the family made it at some point.  We especially enjoyed having Kevin's family.  We hiked, we swam, we played in the park, we ate ice cream, we fished, we hiked again and again.  It really was a great time.  The weather cooperated and the kids all got along great.

The bummer of the trip was that Zeb was sick.  It was his one and only vacation and the poor guy was down and out.  I offered to drive him home but he didn't want to have to deal with the puppies.  We quarantined him so nobody else got sick and made the best of it.  We missed not having him as a part of the festivities but he was trooper for even being there.  A visit to the doctor and some medicine fixed up in time to go home.

While the trip was great for us, I hope my Dad enjoyed his time as well since he was the reason we all got together.  I have to say that my Dad is really a wonderful man.  There isn't anyone who could love his family more.  He is great father and an amazing grandfather.  I'm lucky that way.  I hope he knows how much he is loved and appreciated.

No comments: