Monday, November 5, 2007

Fall Break

Well, after I returned from Hawaii there was still a little time left to enjoy what was left of fall break. Zeb took off Thursday night after a week of watching the girls. While he survived just fine, he deserved some time away so Thursday the girls and I had a slumber party. We played games, watched movies and slept in a tent in the playroom. It was so good to be back and around those giggles again.

Friday we had a playdate with our friend Sam at Monkey Business. Then Mom and I escaped to a movie Friday night. I had been waiting for the movie "Martian Child" to come out for forever so I just had to see it that day. It was great and I loved every moment. We both laughed and cried (OK - maybe it was just me that cried).

Saturday we went to Chinese class where they were also holding their annual holiday sale. I volunteered for a hour and then did a little shopping myself. Britt and her girls also came so we spent some time at the park with them. It was such a beautiful day that later Zeb and I decided to take the girls to the zoo. We had a great time and then went to church in Denver where Britt's family goes. She was in charge of the nursery that night so we dropped off the girls and enjoyed a kid-free mass. We actually got to hear everything that was said. Without kids, it was kinda like a date. After church, we all went out to dinner which was good time for everyone.

Sunday was low key and we just stayed around the house doing some chores. We enjoyed dinner at Mom's house because who wouldn't pass up an opportunity not to cook.

All in all I know I had a great break. I think the kids did too. I'm happy to be home however. While I loved Hawaii, I did miss the girls and Zeb. It is true that absence makes the heart grow fonder.

Keara was very sweet in stating that the best part of her fall break was Halloween. I figured it was because she got buckets of candy but she said it was because that was the day I came home. Gotta love the sweetness of that child.

Back to reality now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful break for you all. The girls and I enjoyed seeing you on Saturday.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful break for you all. The girls and I enjoyed seeing you on Saturday.