Tuesday, July 5, 2022

Scotland Adventure - Day 5

Headed to Edinburgh today. Caroline drove us there instead of taking the train (workers were protesting so it wasn't running). 

We started at the Palace of Holyroodhouse where the Queen stays when she visits.  It was a great place to visit. Enjoyed the gardens especially.

Spent a great deal of time walking up and down the Royal Mile. Had to get all my souvenier shopping done. :)  We definitely walked some steps.

One of the places I really wanted to go was the Witchery so Caroline and Mark bought me tickets for my birthday. I was disappointed it really had nothing to do with witches and instead was a restaurant/tea place.  That said, the tea was lovely and Caroline and I enjoyed it very much.

Enjoyable day.  I think we ended it by picking up fish and chips in Eddingston. Found out you can even order fried pizza.








 

No comments: