Friday, January 1, 2021

What We Learned in 2020

Kailei

·         As soon as the panic attacks passed, staying isolated was fine.

·         Sometimes socializing wasn’t bad

·         Getting out of the house isn’t necessary to be okay

·         I actually like school (sometimes)

·         I’m glad I learned how to cook some stuff so I’m not totally useless when I’m out of the house

·         I learned how to do some makeup because I was bored

·         I learned I’m really good at puzzles

·         Found good ways to spend time away from school

·         Found out I liked watching anime and reading web comics

·         Apparently I’m really good at doing my own nails

Keara

·         Being with family is insufferable (at times)

·         As interested as I am in marine biology and conservation, I’d rather do something creative

·         I should have more faith in myself

·         If I put work into it, I’m probably going to succeed in some way

·         I should go out and do things that I like

·         I retreat into fictional worlds as a coping mechanism but that isn’t necessarily a bad thing

·         It’s okay to feel lost and not have reasons

·         I need to stop being afraid of what could go wrong and think of what could go right

·         Anything you truly want is worth fighting for

·         If we go for what’s somewhat safe, it’ll mean we’ve never changed

·         I’m proud of introducing my family to anime

Christine

·         I learned slowing down is okay

·         Family time is precious

·         We have a long way to go in terms of equality but ware making steps in the right direction if we keep talking to one another honestly and seek understanding.

·         There is hope for the future given the new administration and vaccines

·         That people come first

·         That my dogs make me happy

·         That my children are resilient and I’m very proud of them

·         That walks with my husband and daughters (even if I have to pay one of them) is time well spent

·         Being kind is something the world needs more of

·         Time with people we love should never be taken for granted

Zeb

·         I have taken for granted the need to physically be present with loved ones.

·         I really should have been able to get more done in this pandemic break

·         I’m lucky to have such a loving wife and two super smart kids

·         Dogs love pandemics!

·         I really, really need sports.

·         Sharing anime with my family was an unexpected joy this year – thanks COVID.

·         Politics are vile (in the US)

·         We use a lot of bandwidth.

·         We, as a family, are very fortunate to have jobs and work without interruption. Blessed!

·         Memes are a fun coping mechanism.

 

No comments: