Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Kailei-ism's

I was talking to Kailei about how lent started today. I asked her if she had any meat today. "No, I
didn't but I'm pretty sure I could eat the hamburger at my school. None of us are sure it is really meat anyway."

*************

Zeb said something in the car, and Kailei said "To be honest, I wasn't listening." When he laughed, she protested, "Hey! It's the best policy!"

*************

So I was telling Kailei that a lot of teenagers like money as gifts for their birthday.
Her comment.."Not all teenagers like money mom. Some of us would like a boyfriend."

*************

Kailei-ism...
"I like making men uncomfortable." (meaning the boy in her class)

*************

Kailei-ism...
"Will you help me with my homework? Dad's really good at math but he just adds so much "extra"."

*************

Kailei: "Mom, when exactly does puberty start?"
Me: "Well, you don't know exactly. It just kinda sneaks up on you."
Kailei: "Well that's just about the worst news ever."

*************

"Next time please put the seat down...'cause I don't wanna touch your business." -Kailei

*************

Kailei: "What was Motown about Mom?"
Me: "Well it's about kinda about a man who made a lot of black singers very famous. Singers like Diana Ross. Have you heard of her? (I sing a little tune)
Kailei: "No."
Me: "Or Marvin Gaye (another little tune). Have you heard of him?
Kailei: "No, but I have heard of John Denver."

*************

Me: "You are getting better at using the yo-yo. Have you been practicing?"
Kailei: "Yeah, I'm to getting to know the yo-yo so I can fulfill its needs."

*************

At the Chinese restaurant tonight Kailei stated..."I love General Tao's Chicken. Especially when I'm not paying for it. Guess I will enjoy being a kid while I can."

*************

Kailei-ism: "I can you guarantee I will never smoke. Because even when I'm grown up, I'll probably still be afraid of fire."

No comments: