Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Dragonboat Festival

Kailei and I decided to go to the Dragonboat Festival yesterday.  I've missed the last few years and was anxious to start going again.  Kailei was on her second day of medicine for strep throat and past the contagious point so we headed up north while Keara went swimming with a friend and Zeb worked on the dog fence. 

It didn't take me very long to remember why I've missed it the last few years.  It is hot.  Sweltering in fact.  It seems like it always is and despite the fact it is by a lake, we just melt.  All Kailei and I could do was eat snowcones and slushies to keep us cool.  We watched a few races, walked around, watched some dance competition and then Kailei hit her breaking point with the heat and we had to go.  She got no argument from me.  We were just melting.  I wish it would have been cooler but we had fun anyway.



No comments: