Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Chinese Heritage Camp for Adoptive Families

Each year I try and make time to send Kailei to this Heritage Camp for Adoptive Families.  It is just an extended weekend camp but is a great opportunity for Chinese children to learn and surround themselves by the amazing camp counselors.  I can't tell you how much the kids love their respective counselors and this mom loves having such positive role models for Kailei to be with.  Kailei is not the only camper as this was Keara's second year attending as well.  She was one of a few white kids this year but I was proud of her participation.  Adults participate at camp as well.  I cut watermelon for lunch and then attended a few classes of interest to me.  A few of the mom's from my mom's group also attended and their company makes it that much more enjoyable.  We will be back again next year I'm sure.  Maybe Dad will even have the chance to join us.  :)

No comments: