Sunday, August 15, 2010

Yes, it's a Pig Party!

Kailei and Anika celebrated their birthday's together yesterday.  Grandpa and Grandma made the trek back up to Denver to celebrate with us.  Kailei choose the theme and was sure Anika would like it.  I must admit however that I got quite a few double-takes as I walked around with a pink pig cake.

Dinner was at our house with a simple meal of hotdogs and hamburgers.  Mitch and Lieu brought a pinata for the kids so they had great fun trying to knock it down and get the candy.  We did it in the backyard and once the candy spilled out I'm not sure if it was the kids or Lea who was faster at grabbing candy.

Kailei got some great gifts as usual.  Grandma made her some American Girl doll clothes which were just amazing.  Uncle Mitch got her some books.  Uncle Mark gave her a music cd which I've had to listen to for the last 8 hours and Uncle Curtis gave her a game.  It was a great time. 

No comments: