Monday, June 14, 2010

Our New Addition

While we miss Maya terribly, we just couldn't stand not having two dogs around the house.  I managed to wait until school was over but the very next day, we were mission bound.  A friend of mine told me about Lifeline Puppy Rescue and sure enough we saw a potential dog there so Saturday morning the girls and I headed up to Brighton.  I talked to the girls about the potential for us not coming home with a puppy but I think I was kidding myself.  Who could resist?  The drive was horrendous due to construction and flooding, it was raining like crazy, and I was running on nothing but fumes in the middle of nowhere with no gas station in sight but there we were. 

Naturally the puppy was a hit.  We named her Lea and she is a sweetie.  Kodo is still "warming" up to her but we think he will come around soon.

We are back to potty training but at least she sleeps through the night without a peep.  Keara adores her and is taking good care of her.  Kailei is allergic to her puppy kisses but we don't think that is any deal breaker. 

My goal is to have Lea be able to go on walks with me.  Kodo just challenges other dogs too much so we can't take him.  We'll see what happens. 

You can guess what we will be doing this summer.  Life is good.  :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She's adorable!