Monday, December 28, 2009

The Archer Christmas

The Archer Christmas was great as usual. Mom and Dad made a great breakfast which as you know is my favorite part. It was hard to squeeze 16 at a table and we've decided that Dad will simply have to move or knock down a wall so we can all eat together.

Mom spoiled everyone as usual. She goes above and beyond for this holiday and we have nothing but wonderful memories each year we celebrate. She cooked up a wonderful turkey dinner and everyone said it was amazing. Unfortunately I had a horrible headache this day and couldn't enjoy dinner. On the plus side I didn't gain as much weight as I usually do. :)

I must admit that I gave Dad THE gift of the year. Everyone tried to top it but alas...they failed. Dad was touched when he opened his brand, new... nose hair trimmer. Yes, he cried (OK, maybe those tears weren't exactly tears of joy but we did all enjoy a good laugh).

Lots going on when there are sixteen in the house. People napping, kids running around, babies to look after, games being played, books being read, and the list goes on. Good times to say the least. We are truly blessed.

No comments: