Sunday, August 2, 2009

Chinese Heritage Camp


What can I say? It was great! This was our first year attending and certainly won't be our last. We loved it! Kailei and I were there Friday through Sunday and loved every minute.

The heritage camp was held in Denver which was very convenient for us. There were activities for both the parents and the kids which was awesome. The parents are put to work for a few hours but it was a pleasure to help out.

Kailei did crafts, sang songs, listened to stories, played in an Asian village, had field day, ate lots of good food and even performed a Chinese folk tale. Our friends the Wyman's, Trautman's, Peterson's and Merwin-Olk's were there which made it even more special.

What I loved most about this camp were the wonderful counselors. Most of the counselors are Asian and I absolutely love that Kailei was surrounded by such positive role models. These counselors volunteer their time (which just amazes me) and the kids LOVE them. They were all very sweet and I so appreciated the effort that they put forth throughout the camp.

I just can't wait until next year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fun to catch up on your blog and find this post about camp. What a wonderful experience to share and I agree those counselors are such tremendous role models for our kids. Hugs, Beth