Friday, July 3, 2009

Mommy/Daughter Dates



Occasionally I try and schedule some special time with each of the girls. Thursday was just such a day.

Kailei and I headed out in the morning. She decided she wanted to go play mini-golf for her date so we headed out. I was loving it because my first shot was a hole in one. About 12 holes into the game it got hot and Kailei was losing interest quickly but we managed to complete the course give or take a few holes.

After golf, we got a slushy to quench our thirst and went to Target to get Kailei's back-to-school supplies for her first year of kindergarden. It is so hard for me to believe she is almost five years old and ready for school. She had a great time picking out her Ni Hao Kai Lin backpack, purse and notebook. It was too cute.

I asked her if she wanted to go to Grammy's or go out to lunch and she chose Grammy's so we headed back to her house.

The afternoon was spent with Keara. She wanted to go to the mall. The girl has a major shopping gene (not sure where she picked it up from). Armed with some gift cards from her birthday she was off and running. We enjoyed a Pizza Hut lunch, shared a cookie and we walked that mall a few times over. Keara bought a new bathing suit (a bikini), a "K" pillow, and an outfit. I think she really enjoyed herself.

Keara gently held my hand the whole afternoon and Kailei was so sweet in telling me that "she wished every day was mommy/daughter day". I love my time with each of the girls. They really are such great kids.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So sweet! You are a great MOM!