Thursday, September 11, 2008

I Remember

I remember I was in the computer lab
I remember the word spreading like wildfire
I remember watching the TV in the media center
I remember a surreal feeling
I remember crying
I remember a sense of panic as I thought about family back east
I remember thinking of my new infant and my own family
I remember the pain and suffering I felt for every person 
I remember the revived patriotism in our country 
I remember walking the streets of Ground Zero 40 days after
I remember feeling sick
I remember courageous people
I remember healing with the passage of time
I remember and I won't ever forget

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting. So beautifully written and brings back my own memories. Life is just too precious; thanks for reminding me of that. Big hugs (and a special one to that once infant, now young girl).